Jun kombucha or delicious cocktails ? Why decide, when you can have both at the same time?
You may not think that ‘ delicious cocktails ’ and ‘kombucha’ belong in the same sentence. After all, traditional kombucha is highly acidic, and can tend to dominate other flavors. Not exactly what you look for in a well-balanced cocktail!
Wild Tonic’s jun kombucha is different. It’s made with honey, which gives it a far mellower flavor and gentle sweetness. With its light carbonation, it’s an easy-drinking beverage that plays well with a variety of other flavors. That makes it an excellent addition to cocktail recipes!
Ready to kick-start your jun kombucha mixology adventures? Here are five easy and delicious cocktails made with Wild Tonic. The hardest part is deciding which one to try first!
Mango Ginger Mule
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 5 ounces Wild Tonic Mango Ginger jun kombucha*
- Lime wedges, to serve
In a copper mug or highball glass filled with ice, combine the vodka, lime juice, and Mango Ginger jun kombucha. Serve with a lime wedge.
* Note: You can use either regular (non-alcoholic) or 5.6% ABV Mango Ginger Jun kombucha. Keep in mind the potency will be higher if you use hard jun kombucha. Drink responsibly!
Blackberry Mint Jun Kombucha Sour
Adapted from Food & Wine
- Crushed Ice
- 1 1/2 ounces bourbon
- 3 ounces Wild Tonic Blackberry Mint Jun Kombucha*
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- Sprig of mint, to garnish
In a cocktail shaker, combine the ice and all of the other ingredients except the mint garnish. Shake vigorously; strain into an ice-filled rocks glass. Serve with a sprig of mint.
* Note: You can use either regular (non-alcoholic) or 5.6% ABV Blackberry Mint Jun kombucha. Keep in mind the potency will be higher if you use hard jun kombucha. Drink responsibly!
Tropical Turmeric Margarita
- 1 1/2 ounces tequila
- 1/2 ounce lime juice, freshly squeezed
- Ice cubes
- 1/2 cup Wild Tonic Tropical Turmeric Jun Kombucha
- Lime wedge, for garnish
Pour the tequila and lime juice into a rocks glass. Stir gently. Add 3-4 ice cubes (or one large one.) Pour Tropical Turmeric jun kombucha on top; serve with a lime wedge.
* Note: You can use either regular (non-alcoholic) or 5.6% ABV Tropical Turmeric Jun kombucha. Keep in mind the potency will be higher if you use hard jun kombucha. Drink responsibly!
Chai Pear Hot Toddy
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 ounce whiskey
- 3 ounces Wild Tonic Chai Pear jun kombucha*
- 1 slice lemon
Combine the hot water with the honey. Stir to combine. Add the whiskey and Chai Pear jun kombucha. Serve with a lemon slice.
* Note: This seasonal special flavor only comes in a regular (non-alcoholic) bottled version.
Raspberry Goji Rose Jun Kombucha Mimosas
Serves about 6
- 1 cup orange juice (freshly squeezed is best)
- 2 bottles (16-ounce each) OR two cans (12-ounce each) Wild Tonic Raspberry Goji Rose jun kombucha*
- 1 bottle champagne, chilled
- Orange slices and raspberries, to serve
In a measuring cup or small pitcher, combine the orange juice and Raspberry Goji Rose Jun Kombucha.
Fill each glass about 1/3 of the way with the orange juice-jun kombucha mixture. Fill the rest of each glass with champagne. Garnish with raspberries and orange slices to serve.
* Note: You can use either regular (non-alcoholic) or 5.6% ABV Raspberry Goji Rose Jun kombucha. Keep in mind the potency will be higher if you use hard jun kombucha. Drink responsibly!
Let’s Mix it Up!
Armed with this repertoire of simple jun kombucha cocktail recipes, it’s time to get mixing — and exploring! It’s totally fine to adjust quantities or experiment with other Wild Tonic flavors. These recipes are meant to be adapted, tailored to your tastes, and enjoyed!
Stay in touch:
Facebook: Wild Tonic
Have you ever tried a jun kombucha cocktail?